Skip to main content
I have read and reread the talk "Daughters of God" by an apostle of the Lord, Elder M. Russell Ballard and there were many great aspects that I would love to share but instead I will share this one in particular. In the Book of Mormon Alma counsels his son Helaman and his counsel applies to us today,
"Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass" (Alma 37:6).

Comments

Michelle said…
I'll have to read that. But it is true that we need to remember the simple things that we take for granted. They might be simple but they are pretty important at the end.

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal Potential

"I am a child of God with a spirit lineage to heavenly parents. That parentage defines our eternal potential" (Elder Dallin H. Oaks). It is our faith that as sons and daughters of God, we have the potential to become like him. Satan likes it when we doubt this. He doesn't want us to believe we have potential to become better than we are. He wants us to fall. My question is whether it is my own mind that makes me doubt or if it is Satan. Maybe it's both. I do have the tendency to doubt that I could have so much potential.  I am always getting those voices in my head that give me doubt. I get an idea to do something and if I don't hurry and do it, I doubt myself, then I talk myself out of it. Why is it so easy to put ourselves down? Is that Satan or is it ourselves? I have so many ideas of things that I want to accomplish but I don't get them done because I can't keep that motivation. It's frustrating. I build my motivation again and then I lose it. It...

Lectures on Faith

"When men begin to live by faith they begin to draw near to God; and when faith is perfected, they are like him; and because he is saved, they are saved also; for they will be in the same situation he is in, because they have come to him; and when he appears they shall be like him, for they will see him as he is."

Elder Bednar

I thought I'd write down some of my thoughts from last night. I was really lucky to go and see Elder Bednar speak. He didn't prepare a talk, he just opened it up for questions. One of the questions was something like, "How can we apply the atonement more fully in our lives?" I was excited to hear his response when he mentioned my favorite scripture, Mosiah 3:19. He said that the natural man is selfish and wants whatever he desires right then and no later. It is hard to overcome the natural man. In fact we cannot do it on our own. We need the Saviors help to "become a saint" by applying the atonement to our lives. The atonement doesn't only deal with forgiveness for our sins. It gives strengthening power. Elder Bednar also went to Mosiah 24: 13-15. In verse 13 it mentions the covenants we make and the covenants that the Lord makes. The promises Heavenly Father has made to us when we do our part are so wonderful. I'm sure if I could remember those pr...