Skip to main content

His Seed

Abinadi's words to King Noah and his priests are powerful. He quoted Isaiah and it suck out to me.

Mosiah 14:10 says "...when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his land."

Am I part of His seed?

Abinadi explains in the next chapter who are his seed.

11  Behold I say unto you, that whosoever has heard the words of the prophets, yea, all the holy prophets who have prophesied concerning the coming of the Lord—I say unto you, that all those who have hearkened unto their words, and believed that the Lord would redeem his people, and have looked forward to that day for a remission of their sins, I say unto you, that these are his seed, or they are the heirs of the kingdom of God.
12  For these are they whose sins he has borne; these are they for whom he has died, to redeem them from their transgressions.
14  And these are they who have published peace, who have brought good tidings of good, who have published salvation; and said unto Zion: Thy God reigneth!

I love reading the Book of Mormon. It truly testifies of Christ. 

I also loved this scripture in my reading today:

Mosiah 15:
8  And thus God breaketh the bands of death, having gained the victory over death; giving the Son power to make intercession for the children of men—
9  Having ascended into heaven, having the bowels of mercy; being filled with compassion towards the children of men; standing betwixt them and justice; having broken the bands of death, taken upon himself their iniquity and their transgressions, having redeemed them, and satisfied the demands of justice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal Potential

"I am a child of God with a spirit lineage to heavenly parents. That parentage defines our eternal potential" (Elder Dallin H. Oaks). It is our faith that as sons and daughters of God, we have the potential to become like him. Satan likes it when we doubt this. He doesn't want us to believe we have potential to become better than we are. He wants us to fall. My question is whether it is my own mind that makes me doubt or if it is Satan. Maybe it's both. I do have the tendency to doubt that I could have so much potential.  I am always getting those voices in my head that give me doubt. I get an idea to do something and if I don't hurry and do it, I doubt myself, then I talk myself out of it. Why is it so easy to put ourselves down? Is that Satan or is it ourselves? I have so many ideas of things that I want to accomplish but I don't get them done because I can't keep that motivation. It's frustrating. I build my motivation again and then I lose it. It...

Lectures on Faith

"When men begin to live by faith they begin to draw near to God; and when faith is perfected, they are like him; and because he is saved, they are saved also; for they will be in the same situation he is in, because they have come to him; and when he appears they shall be like him, for they will see him as he is."

Elder Bednar

I thought I'd write down some of my thoughts from last night. I was really lucky to go and see Elder Bednar speak. He didn't prepare a talk, he just opened it up for questions. One of the questions was something like, "How can we apply the atonement more fully in our lives?" I was excited to hear his response when he mentioned my favorite scripture, Mosiah 3:19. He said that the natural man is selfish and wants whatever he desires right then and no later. It is hard to overcome the natural man. In fact we cannot do it on our own. We need the Saviors help to "become a saint" by applying the atonement to our lives. The atonement doesn't only deal with forgiveness for our sins. It gives strengthening power. Elder Bednar also went to Mosiah 24: 13-15. In verse 13 it mentions the covenants we make and the covenants that the Lord makes. The promises Heavenly Father has made to us when we do our part are so wonderful. I'm sure if I could remember those pr...