Skip to main content

Jesus Christ is Going to Come Again

Nobody knows when our Savior will come again but I know He will come to this earth again. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints teaches that He will come again after many signs and destruction. It makes me feel both excited and nervous. I am nervous because I know that I need to be more spiritually ready for Him. I have a lot of weaknesses that I need to overcome.  I am also very scared for the destruction that is supposed to happen before He comes. I hope that I can live my life in a way that I can be there for when He comes. It of course might not happen until after I die but I want to be prepared for it. I've never thought about it as much as I do now.  

One thing that has been on my mind a lot is Zion. This is the promise that the Lord has given us through the hard times that will come. We can have our own heaven on earth. I noticed that in General Conference there was a lot of talk about unity and building up a Zion in our own homes and wards and stakes. I want to be worthy to be in Zion. I want to be able to feel the unity that a Zion needs. I know that it's in our families that it starts. I have definitely felt my own heaven on earth with my family. They have been the greatest blessing in my life. 

Today I sat in Stake Conference and a member of the seventy spoke and quoted a scripture in Nephi about the promised land. I didn't get to write down the scripture that he said. I looked up promised land and the scripture that came closest to what his message was is in 2 Nephi 1: 9. It says:

Wherefore, I, Lehi, have obtained a promise, that inasmuch as those whom the Lord God shall bring out of the land of Jerusalem shall keep his commandments, they shall prosper upon the face of this land; and they shall be kept from all other nations, that they may possess this land unto themselves. And if it so be that they shall keep his commandments they shall be blessed upon the face of this land, and there shall be none to molest them, nor to take away the land of their inheritance; and they shall dwell safely forever.

That promise means a lot more to me these days than it did before. The talk was about how we should personalize this promise to ourselves. He said that "there is a promised land for each of you." We can be blessed with so much if we keep the commandments and walk the path that is laid before us. He said that there are the commandments that we all know and then there are the ones that are personalized to us. Like the promptings that are given to us through the Holy Ghost.  

The stake president gave a great talk that spoke about how we need to be living our lives in a way where we can receive guidance from the Holy Ghost. We need to be worthy to receive the Savior when He comes. He gave a scripture that I really liked and hope to remember. It is Ether 12: 12:

For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith.

I think the best way for us to exercise our faith is when we are going through trials. So when I am hoping to have more faith and asking for more faith, is that asking Heavenly Father to give me trials? I want to have more faith. I know that I could have a whole lot more faith in comparison to prophets in the scriptures. I don't like trials very much, but at the same time I am grateful for them so I can remember always. I don't want to forget why I'm on this earth and where I am trying to end up after my time on this earth is over. I am filled with so much urgency today. I want to make those changes in my life that I need to and I hope I will. I can't be more grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is so comforting and amazing of how much love He has for us. Whenever I think of being in His presence it makes me so excited. I hope I can be worthy to be in His presence. 

Comments

Patty said…
I have never done much studying on the second coming but I guess I do have faith that all will be okay if me and my family are living righteously. It will be a sad time before the Lord actually comes but just like the scripture, we will be okay.

Popular posts from this blog

A Noteworthy Quote

"But make no mistake about it, brothers and sisters, in the months and years ahead, events are likely to require each member to decide whether or not he will follow the First Presidency. Members will find it more difficult to halt longer between two opinions.(see 1 kings 18:21) President Marion G. Romney said, many years ago, that he had 'never hesitated to follow the counsel of the Authorities of the Church even though it crossed my social, professional or political life.' "This is hard doctrine, but it is particularly vital doctrine in a society which is becoming more wicked. In short, brothers and sisters, not being ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ includes not being ashamed of the prophets of Jesus Christ. . . . Your discipleship may see the time when such religious convictions are discounted. . . . This new irreligious imperialism seeks to disallow certain opinions simply because those opinions grow out of religious convictions. "Resistance to abortion

Beyond Grateful

I feel a strong urge to shout out my gratefulness to God. I keep thinking today of how blessed I am. I feel so incredibly blessed. I am so happy that I have the knowledge that God is watching over me and helps me find my way. I am so overjoyed that I know, without a single doubt, that He is there for me and everyone else. My crazy life has been in shambles for a long time and yesterday felt like it couldn't get much worse. But today I feel so calm and ready to face my future with optimism. I could have chosen different ways to deal with my problems, but I am glad that I chose this one. I know that I would not feel this peaceful feeling if I chose any other way. I understand better when the prophets in the scriptures talk about having a desire to proclaim the gospel to everyone. Why wouldn't you want to feel such happiness? Any worldly way cannot bring ultimate and long term happiness. So I want to repeat what those prophets have said, "Come unto Christ." He has gone t

Inspiring Scripture

I just wanted to write that I am so grateful for all that I'm blessed with. I feel so lucky to have the gift of the Holy Ghost. I can't imagine making such big decisions without guidance from the Holy Ghost. Last night I read 2 Nephi 24. One scripture stood out more than the rest. Verse 3: And it shall come to pass in that day that the Lord shall give thee rest, from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve. Heavenly Father talks to us in different ways. Through other people, the Holy Ghost, and from the scriptures. I know that the Lord was talking to me through the scriptures and it gave me such great comfort. Anyone can pray to Heavenly Father. It doesn't matter where you are in life. He wants to hear from us. He loves us so much.