Skip to main content

Lectures on Faith

"When men begin to live by faith they begin to draw near to God; and when faith is perfected, they are like him; and because he is saved, they are saved also; for they will be in the same situation he is in, because they have come to him; and when he appears they shall be like him, for they will see him as he is."

Comments

"And because of the knowledge of this man he could not be kept from beholding within the veil; and he saw the finger of Jesus, which, when he saw, he fell with fear; for he knew that it was the finger of the Lord; and he had faith no longer, for he knew, nothing doubting" (Ether 3:19)

Your quote reminded me of this scripture. I love this scripture. The Brother of Jared had "faith no longer, for he knew, nothing doubting".
We need to have faith, we need to live by faith. We need to draw close of God in so much that maybe one day we too will have faith no longer because we will know for certain.
Don't know if this is what you meant, but this is what I saw. :)
Michelle said…
I really love that story because it shows that I could be like the brother of Jared if I exercised my faith and drew closer to God. I like seeing that things are possible and it is possible.

The thoughts I had when I read my quote was that Heavenly Father loves us so much that He has given us a pathway so we can be like him. He wants us to be one with him just like Jesus Christ is one with Him. It is possible for us to do that because of the sacrifice Jesus Christ made. How can you not realize the pure love Heavenly Father has for us when we read the scriptures and realize all that He has blessed us with? It is possible to be like Christ and that's what Heavenly Father wants us to strive to do.

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal Potential

"I am a child of God with a spirit lineage to heavenly parents. That parentage defines our eternal potential" (Elder Dallin H. Oaks). It is our faith that as sons and daughters of God, we have the potential to become like him. Satan likes it when we doubt this. He doesn't want us to believe we have potential to become better than we are. He wants us to fall. My question is whether it is my own mind that makes me doubt or if it is Satan. Maybe it's both. I do have the tendency to doubt that I could have so much potential.  I am always getting those voices in my head that give me doubt. I get an idea to do something and if I don't hurry and do it, I doubt myself, then I talk myself out of it. Why is it so easy to put ourselves down? Is that Satan or is it ourselves? I have so many ideas of things that I want to accomplish but I don't get them done because I can't keep that motivation. It's frustrating. I build my motivation again and then I lose it. It...

Elder Bednar

I thought I'd write down some of my thoughts from last night. I was really lucky to go and see Elder Bednar speak. He didn't prepare a talk, he just opened it up for questions. One of the questions was something like, "How can we apply the atonement more fully in our lives?" I was excited to hear his response when he mentioned my favorite scripture, Mosiah 3:19. He said that the natural man is selfish and wants whatever he desires right then and no later. It is hard to overcome the natural man. In fact we cannot do it on our own. We need the Saviors help to "become a saint" by applying the atonement to our lives. The atonement doesn't only deal with forgiveness for our sins. It gives strengthening power. Elder Bednar also went to Mosiah 24: 13-15. In verse 13 it mentions the covenants we make and the covenants that the Lord makes. The promises Heavenly Father has made to us when we do our part are so wonderful. I'm sure if I could remember those pr...